Have you ever watched an awards show and thought, “I NEVER would have voted for that movie to win!” Or have you read an award-winning book and thought, “Really?! What were they thinking?!” If so, the Pennsylvania Readers’ Choice Award is for you! This is a book award that gives you, the reader, a voice! Every year, fifteen of the very best books are nominated. These books are all written by North American authors, and have been published within the last five years. They really are the best of the best, but the winning book needs your vote!
Participating in the Pennsylvania Readers’ Choice Award is a snap. Here’s how to do it:
- Read (or listen to) at least three books from the list of nominated titles
- You do not have to read every book to participate
- Vote for your favorite book in March!
That’s all there is to it. Stop by the library to pick up a bookmark with the list of nominated titles. Better yet, check out one of the books while you’re here! And once you’ve read a book or two, leave a comment sharing your thoughts about it. Some things you might include in your comment are:
- Did the book live up to your expectations based on the plot summary?
- Would you recommend it to a friend?
- Did you like this book more or less than other books you’ve read recently?
- Would you vote for this book to win the Pennsylvania Readers’ Choice Award?
Remember, your favorite book needs YOUR vote to win!